Sunday, October 18, 2009

One sunny day

When I decided it was time to start my own company. One of the first dilemmas I went through was to choose a good name for the company. It took me a long time thinking about what I was my goal with the company. What I wanted to be perceived as and there was also the fact I wanted the name to be easy on both English and Portuguese. I tried a few names on some of my friends who didn't have an IT background and most of the names didn't have any appeal to them and it was easy to discard them. After a lot of time and thinking I was at a point of giving up and picking any random name from the dictionary when decided to ask my wife to do a quick brainstorm of names. I have to say the results were really surprisingly good. I am have with the name she helped me chose and I got very positive responses from everyone I submit the name to. Of course, in the internet times we live in, I will still have to battle for a good domain name. But I think that finding a name that matches your inner goals, one that is also nice and meaningful name gives me a sense of a good starting point.

Next I will write something about the write your business plan wars...

No comments:

Post a Comment